OPEN CALL AUDITION!
Online Audition Deadline: Monday, February 20, 2017
Contract: July 10 – August 7, 2017
The Show: Four performers will spend a month creating and touring an original show, putting the techniques of devised theater into action. Working on movement with Karen Montanaro, on text with Davis Robinson, on innovative use of objects with Fritz Grobe — and much more — the Road Show will explore the wide creative range of devised theater.
Director Fritz Grobe: Fritz may be best known as one of “the Coke & Mentos guys” — with their Internet videos and many television appearances exploring how everyday objects can do extraordinary things — but over the past 28 years, he has also directed and helped create numerous award-winning circus acts and original theater productions. (read more…)
- July 10-22: As participants in the Celebration Barn Devising Intensive with Davis Robinson and Karen Montanaro, you will dig into methods for imaginative theater problem-solving, developing new material and pushing any existing material further.
- July 23-30: You’ll work with director Fritz Grobe to assemble a 30-minute performance.
- July 31- August 7: Performance tour through-out Western Maine.
Compensation: As a pre-professional performance apprenticeship, these positions are not paid. However, you will receive the following perks:
- Participation in the two-week Celebration Barn Devising Intensive workshop at no cost (tuition is otherwise $1,050)
- Housing in a double-occupancy dorm room (valued at $1,000)
- Four weeks of the Celebration Barn Meal Plan, including lunch and dinner most days (valued at $640)
Callbacks: Will take place in Portland Maine and will be scheduled in early March, based on artists’ availability.
Questions: Email Mandy@
TO SUBMIT A VIDEO AUDITION FOR THE ROAD SHOW:
Complete and submit the Online Audition Form. Don’t forget to upload your resume, headshot, and the link to your video audition. Video auditions should be between 2-3 minutes long. Please include a verbal introduction of yourself and a performance. The performance may be a monologue, original piece, variety theater, or anything that represents your performance skill and artistic style.
The deadline to submit audition materials is Monday, February 20.
CALLBACKS WILL TAKE PLACE IN PORTLAND, MAINE AND WILL BE SCHEDULED IN EARLY MARCH, BASED ON ARTISTS’ AVAILABILITY.