APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! APPLY BY MARCH 1, 2015
Celebration Barn is an incubator for physical theater with an emphasis on collaborative process. Residencies provide artists a retreat from daily demands, allowing them to fully immerse in creating and refining work. Located in the beautiful countryside of western Maine, Celebration Barn’s 43 year history fuels a super-charged atmosphere that encourages artists to play on their creative edge, to be nurtured and challenged by collaborators, and to launch performance in new directions.
Length and timeframe: 2015 Show Incubation Residencies run June 1-14. Applicants may choose to attend for the full two weeks or for a portion of this time.
Who is eligible: Individual artists (age 18+ and at any stage of their career) working with a director/production team and ensembles (with up to 8 members) are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are only provided for those who are creative participants in the project. Up to 3 artists/ensembles may be in residency at one time, depending on the needs of applicants.
Expenses paid by artists: Travel and food
Resources provided by Celebration Barn:
- Private on-site accommodations in single or double-occupancy rooms (for participating artists only)
- A shared well-equipped kitchen (with industrial fridge, two ovens, two sinks and lots of prep space) and bathrooms
- 24 hour access to 30’ x 22’ rehearsal studio
- Shared use of 20’ x 25’ stage with 17’ ceiling height
- Opportunity to share work and process with other artists
- Limited tech support. Be sure to include specific technical requirements in application.
- Possibility for public performance
- 11 acres of lush, private fields and forests with amenities including a fire pit, volleyball court, horseshoe pit, and laying hens
- The beautiful historic Paris Hill neighborhood within walking distance
- Local amenities include a large grocery store, public lake access, food co-op, fine-dining, and a fantastic cafe, and are within a 15 minute drive in near-by villages of South Paris, Norway and Oxford.
- One-hour from the closest major airport in Portland (PWM), we will help coordinate travel from the airport or bus station to South Paris.
Expectations of the artist:
- Present informal work-in-progress at end of residency
- Help maintain a clean live-work space
- Provide written report describing how this residency served to advance work
- Agreement to provide Celebration Barn visibility on artist’s website, in program for final production, or in other ways (to be agreed on prior to start of residency)
Applications are due March 1, 2015. There is no fee to apply. Notification will go out by March 7. To apply, submit application by email to mandy@CelebrationBarn.com.