Students should arrive at the Barn between 3 PM and 6 PM on the day their workshop starts, and must depart no later than 10 AM on the day after their workshop ends.
PLEASE NOTE: some workshops have non-standard arrival times. This is listed in the information for each individual workshop. Please double-check.
Getting to the Barn from the airport, bus and train stations:
We want to make getting to the Barn as efficient and affordable as possible. Ultimately, you are responsible for making all your travel arrangements. If you don’t plan ahead, the trip will cost you more. Here is what we recommend:
1. The Barn’s shuttle service is now free for all students who purchase housing via Celebration Barn AS LONG AS YOU REGISTER FOR THE SHUTTLE AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR WORKSHOP! This shuttle includes service from Portland Jetport, Portland bus stations, and Portland Amtrak departing at 2 PM and 4:30 PM on arrival days (if it’s doing pick ups at multiple stations, there may be a 15 minute delay.) The return shuttle will depart the Barn at 7 AM on departure days. In order to take advantage of the free shuttle it is necessary to reserve one-week prior to the start of your workshop by emailing your itinerary to Info@CelebrationBarn.com. If you do not register for the shuttle in advance, or if your itinerary doesn’t permit you to catch the shuttle at 2 PM or 4:30 PM, you’ll need to find alternative transportation (see “taxi” info below.)
2. Jetport Taxi offers good rates to Barn students from Portland to Celebration Barn. A taxi (for up to 3 passengers) will run about $110. Call ahead at (207) 807-9797.
Car rental services available at the airport include:
Celebration Barn is 50 miles from the Portland International Jetport. Please note that there are two Portland Airports in the United States. We are on the East Coast, in Maine. The airport code is PWM. If you plan on taking the Barn shuttle between Portland and the Barn it’s necessary for you to schedule your arrival into Portland before 4:30 PM on arrival day, and your departure from Portland after 10 AM Please allow for travel time since Portland is a 65 minute drive from the Barn.
Airlines flying into Portland include:
Greyhound also has a terminal in Lewiston. Limo and taxi services in Lewiston include:
– Crown Limousine Service, (207) 783 – 8799
– Imperial Limousine Service, (207) 784 – 5934
– City Cab Co., (207) 784 – 4521
We assure you it’s worth planning ahead, and it’s definitely worth the trip!
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!